As Festive Season is Round the Corner, So Here I am sharing the healthy, nutritious sweet made with Mawa, Anjeer(figs), and dry fruits.
A very quick recipe and if you are a calorie conscious you can prepare it without sugar as well.
Let’s head to the mouth watering recipe.
Anjeer (Figs) – 1 cup ( approx 2oo gms soaked in water)
Mawa (khoya) – 1 cup
Sugar – 3-4 TSP
Dry fruits – Almonds, Cashew and Pista – Chopped Finely
Oil / Ghee – 2 tsp
- Soak the Anjeer in 80 ml of water for 4-5 hours, when it gets softened, grind it in the mixer coarsely with the same water.
- Take a non-stick pan and put 1 tsp of oil, and heat it for a while.
- Put mawa and roast it for 3-4 minutes, till it gets soften, close the flame and then remove it and put it aside to cool on a plate.
- Take the same pan and put 1 tsp of oil, put anjeer paste and roast it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar, and keep mixing the mixture for 3-4 minutes. (if you don’t want sugar you can avoid this step), till nice shiny brown color appears.
- Add the mawa into this mixture and the chopped dry fruits, and mix it till it leaves the sides of the pan, which just takes 2-3 minutes only.
- Spread the mixture on the greased thali and garnish with chopped dry fruits.
- Let it set for 5-6 hours, cut as per your desired size and serve.
Approximate Cooking Time – 8 to 10 minutes only!
Health Tip – It’s a nutritious recipe with healthy ingredients, filled with necessary vitamins and minerals for the body, this can be prepared with literally very less or no oil and sugar.